Home->About Our Wood->Our Products
About Our "Naturally" Organic Wood
In this world of choice, many people have adopted the lifestyle of purchasing foods and products that are "all natural" or organic-based. SmokinLicious® adheres to the philosophy of "all natural" by providing culinary quality wood products that have never been exposed to chemical/pesticide spraying. We only harvest hardwoods from the trees of Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania that are in their natural state - forest woods, left to mature on their own, without exposure to chemical contaminants and/or growth enhancers. Harvested as mature, well-formed trees for full flavor release during cooking. From these trees, we select only the heartwood - the filet of the tree - to manufacture our wood-fired cooking woods.
The SmokinLicious® Process:
* Uses only 100% bark-free, USDA compliant woods - allowing for shipments worldwide!
* ONLY uses HARWOODS - no softwoods, press woods,wood fillers, or discarded/waste woods
* NO diseased wood products ever used - We use the harvested trees within 3 months
* We only manufacture for the "cooking" industry
* Products are manufactured from forest grown trees so there is no concern for pesticide/chemical exposure
* Kosher certification ensures our clean processes - nothing ever touches an unclean surface
* We can customize the moisture level for the specific equipment or cooking technique - "no one moisture level fits all" concept
* A custom screening process of our wood chips that ensures the elimination of all wood flour (the cause of most equipment failures!)
Wood fired cooking methods entail use of smoke vapor as wood combusts, imparting distinct flavor, aroma, and color. Wood Chunks or Wood Chips are distributed among the coals, placed on heat diffusers/flavor bars, or within a smoking box, tube, or foil pouch allowing for an enhanced flavor. When using a grill, the heat and smoke vapor from the wood slowly penetrates, reacts with the food's protein, and flavors and colors the cooking food item. The result - some of the best wood-fired food you will ever taste!
"Loved all over the world, even in Hong Kong!
Jack Y., Clearwater Bay Hong Kong, China
Learn more about the natural wood we use in all our culianry wood products: